AN ESTIMATE FOR FSW HEAD?
FSW Head for CNC machines 3, 4 or 5 axes
Our FSW head can weld from existing CNC machine tools, whether it is a 3, 4 or 5-axis machine. The Stirweld FSW head brings the FSW welding functions to the machining center: force control and recording, cooling, protection of the spindle against loads and vibrations.
The offer of this equipment highly reduces the investment cost of an FSW machine while offering the same performance as a special FSW machine.
Stirweld’s head advantages
Low investment cost
compared to FSW special machines or robotic stations
Despite the lack of standard machining centers, the StirWeld FSW head can be adapted to all CNCs.
Easy to install and to use
After the first installation, the user can assemble and disassemble the FSW head in few minutes from machining to welding and vice versa.
Would you like to optimize your machine fleet by transforming your milling machine into a hybrid machining-welding machine?
The FSW Stirweld head fits most of the CNC machines in the market.
The pictures below show you some installations that StirWeld realizations:
Hermlé C3OU Dynamics – Fz=8,5 kN
Hartford VMC-1300 Fz = 8 kN
Vernier CV800 – Fz=9 kN
BMO CNC – Fz = 20 kN
Mazak Nexus 510C – Fz = 7 kN
Corea FP50 – Fz=20 kN
Technical sheet FSW Head
Compliant part : height of 300 mm
Interface : height from 60 to 110 mm depending on CNC machine
Weight : 30 Kg
Air pressure cooling : 3 bars
Water cooling :
5 l/min at 25°C
Head : console distance up to 10m (more in option)
FSW Stirweld Head features
- Fitting on 3, 4 or 5 axis CNC machine
- Plug or unplung in 15 mins
- No hard or soft change of CNC machine
- Force control to secure the weld quality from 1 to 18 kN
- Water and air pressure cooling
- From welding to machining without head disassembly
- Small size to accomodate welding jig
- Self-lubricating: no maintenance
- CNC machine protection against the high forces (up to 18 kN) and vibrations during the FSW process
- Quick tool change (attachment with accurate positioning)
Recording of forging force for quality control
Temperature monitoring for safe use
Real time display process ajustment or process control
The training offered by StirWeld is both theoretical and practical.
Lasting 3 days on your site, the Stirweld training will give you the necessary skills for FSW welding operations.
Types of welding cases:
- lap welding
- butt welding
The training can be adapted according to the application that you wish to carry out.
Hotline Stirweld FSW
Do you live your first steps in the world of FSW? After the training on your site, our experts will guide you in your first FSW projects :
- Choice of FSW welding parameters according to your applications to guarantee perfect welding.
- Design of clamping tools to optimize your production rate.
Our technical hotline is available during 6 months following the installation of the FSW head for a start in complete serenity.
Is the FSW head compatible with my machine?
FSW head can be installed on most CNC on the market