FSW Tools for High Strength aluminum : Al 7xxx and Al / Li
The challenge :
For these demanding aluminiums and demanding alloys with a high mechanical resistance, our clients have encountered two major issues:
- Higher implementation efforts than with common aluminium.
- Cyclique fatigue and abrasion are stronger.
Our innovative design limits the use of expansive materials while guaranteeing performance and meeting the requirements of welding specifications.
- Reinforced quality control
- Performance maintenue
- Traçabilité garantie
- Tool price optimization.
Case study : riveting versus FSW welding
- Cheaper and faster (one single stage of manufacture)
- Lighter (reduction of assembly thickness)
- High mechanical resistance, particularly mechanical fatigue
- Anti-corrosion, thanks to the use of aluminium
- Perfectly sealed
The replacement of riveting by FSW welding is spreading in the aerospace sector.
We are able to offer you tools according to the following characteristics :
HIGH STRENGHT ALUMINIUM ALLOYS
|Thikness to weld||Welding type||Tool ref|
|1 to 2 mm||Butt, overlap, T-shape||F-HSA-1-X|
|2,1 to 4 mm||Butt, overlap, T-shape||F-HSA-2-X|
|4,1 to 6 mm||Butt, overlap, T-shape||F-HSA-3-X|
|6,1 to 8 mm||Butt, overlap, T-shape||F-HSA-4-X|
|8,1 to 12 mm||Butt, overlap, T-shape||F-HSA-5-X|
|12,1 to 16 mm||Butt, overlap, T-shape||F-HSA-6-X|
|16,1 to 25 mm||Butt, overlap, T-shape||F-HSA-7-X|
Our catalogue lists our standard tool. We also provide specific tools according to your application and tailored-made either in “fix” or rétractable version.